Tuesday, August 10, 2010
There's tried-and-true ways to properly care for your skin, from the right way to cleanse your face, to the best moisturizers and sunscreens.
Before we start with the proper daily 4-step skincare routine, you'll need to know your skin type. How you care for your skin is utterly dependent on the type of skin you have: oily, normal/combination, dry, sensitive or sun- damaged. Find out what skin type you have.
The Basic 4-Step Skincare Regimen
Step 1: Cleansing
Simple is key here. You need to find a good cleanser that your skin responds well to, and stick with it. See the best cleansers for your skin type.
You can find a good cleanser at the drugstore. There's no need to spend $40 on a fancy wash. Avoid bar soaps as they tend to dry out the skin. According to Rona Berg, in her book, "Beauty," a French cosmetics executive once told her, "Soap should only ever touch your skin from the neck down." We agree. Choose a creamy cleanser if you have dry skin or a clear cleanser if you have oily skin.
Be careful not to cleanse too often. Washing at night should do you. If you have dry skin, consider cold cream like Pond's, which the French use. Simply apply cream, then wipe off, no water needed (if you have hard water it can be especially harsh on skin). Most women prefer the water method: Use warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores. Use a dime-sized bit of cleanser, then rinse with cool or lukewarm water. You'll also want to take off your makeup with a proper makeup remover.
In the morning, a splash of lukewarm water is all you need (we find it's great for removing excess oils from your nightly moisturizing). Never wash your face with hot or cold water (both can cause broken capillaries). Also be careful about overcleansing skin, see signs you are overcleansing your skin.
Step 2: Exfoliate
Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But trust me, if you start properly exfoliating your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference. According to Berg, one of the reasons men's skin looks more youthful than women's is because men tend to exfoliate daily when they shave. There are several ways to exfoliate skin: Microdermabrasion, chemical peels and retinoids.
See my list of the best facial scrubs and microdermabrasion kits.
Scrubs work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells that tend to dull your complexion. We find exfoliating skin once a week with a microdermabrasion kit keeps skin glowing year-round. Make sure you use a gentle scrub with tiny grains. Big grains in cheap scrubs can tear skin and cause more harm than good. My favorite microdermabrasion kit is made by Lancome.
In the hour it takes to get a chemical peel, you can take off five years from your face. Can't afford the price tag for a monthly peel? Try some over-the-counter peels that work over the course of a month. I prefer MD Skincare's.
Retinoids (such as Retin-A or the more moisturizing Renova) also work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells while also generating collagen in the skin. "Collagen is the skin's structural fiber," dermatologist Dennis Gross said in O Magazine. "As we get older, it breaks down, creating lines and large pores." Skincare experts disagree on all sorts of things, but most of them consider retinoids to be a miracle skin saver. I'm addicted to Retin-A, which I pick up in Mexico on my yearly jaunts.
Should you use a toner? Some people swear by toners, but many beauty experts do not (I once read a skincare expert claim, "toners are only for copy machines"). Toners are meant to remove all remaining traces of oil, makeup and dirt, but a good cleanser should do this. I firmly believe it's up to you. If you like the way your skin feels with a toner. Buy it. Use it. Enjoy it.
Step 3: Moisturize
While I know of at least one famous beauty editor who swore skin doesn't need moisturizer, basically everyone else I've read disagrees and is an adamant believer in it. A basic law of beauty is that everyone, no matter her skin type, should moisturize. Even if your skin is oily, it will benefit from moisturizers. (The only exception is those with acne). Why? Moisturizers seal moisture into skin (Berg calls this the "Saran Wrap effect"). So how much should you moisturize? Your skin will tell you. When your skin is tight, it's crying out for moisture. Be careful not to overmoisturize -- this can clog pores.
See my list of the best moisturizers on the market.
Are eye creams necessary? Well maybe. Some beauty experts strongly recommend eye creams. Why? The skin around the eye contains no fatty tissue and is therefore very thin and susceptible to wrinkles. Special eye creams are formulated to "thicken" this area. Yet other experts (including the beauty editors of Allure in their new book) claim your daily lotion works around the eyes just as well.
See my list of the best eye creams.
Step 4: Apply Sunscreen
O Magazine ran an article featuring interviews with several top skin care experts and dermatologists (check it out here). Every single one of them said sunscreen was the most important part of your skincare regimen. It was the secret they would pass on to their daughters.
The number-1 cause of wrinkles is sun damage, so it's important to use sunscreen from your early years on even in winter and on cloudy days. A great trick is to purchase two moisturizers: One for night and one for day that includes UV protection. Don't use moisturizers with sunscreen at night, the ingredients are not meant to be used 27/7 and can aggravate skin. When choosing a sunscreen, make sure it contains Mexoryl (found in my favorite sunscreen La-Roche Posay) or Helioplex, found in Neutrogena products.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Laser acne treatment is carried out using two different types of lasers. One is diode laser or infrared acne laser and the other is the pulsed dye laser.
Out of the two, infrared laser is used to treat more severe kind of acne. It is also known to be a much more effective acne laser treatment with a success rate of almost 83 percent. It is a successful acne treatment method that is being used in many cases, these days.
Laser stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. In laser acne treatment, a strong beam of light is used to cure acne problems. The treatment uses a V beam and a cool touch laser. V beam produces a laser light that gets absorbed by the red pigment in the skin. While the V beam works to reduce scars with heat, the cool touch laser tightens the skin from he inside as well as the outside.
Thus, the treatment aims at closing the pores to reduce the sebum production and lessen the acne production.
Are their any side effects of this method?
Infrared acne laser treatment is known to be associated with side effects like redness, temporary pain, and swelling that may follow after the treatment. Moreover, patients with a darker skin tone are known to suffer from hyper pigmentation after the treatment. This may lead to darkening of the skin.
How do I know that I need infrared laser?
Whether you need infrared laser acne treatment or the pulsed dye laser treatment depends upon the type of acne that you are suffering from. As per your condition, your doctor can best prescribe if infrared laser treatment is what your skin wants.
How effective is infrared laser acne treatment?
The infrared laser treatment is very effective in treating inflammatory acne. It is known to work for most of the sufferers. However, there have been reports that state that it works temporarily and the lesions tend to get back. But, that again depends on the type of skin that you have and the type of acne that you are suffering from.
Usually, after three treatments with infrared laser, you would get considerable results. The improvement is visible after the first treatment session itself and you would get to see a considerable improvement in your acne condition.
Dry Skin Care Dealing with Skin Dryness
Dry skin has a parched look caused by its lack of ability to retain moisture. Characteristics of dry skin are fine pores, dryness, fine lines, roughness, tight, uncomfortable feeling, and dull appearance. If your skin feels the same, it's a fair bet you've got a dry complexion.
Dry skin is caused by too little sebum in the lower levels of skin and too little moisture in the upper levels. It feels tight and itchy after washing. It requires soothing care to look its best. It is essential to take proper care to hydrate it. Only then you can begin to enjoy a new, softer skin.
Dry skin is very reactive to the environment and hates extremes of cold, heat and wind. It tends to peel and has a tendency to premature aging with the emergence of fine lines and wrinkles. There is a difference between a dehydrated skin and a dry skin. While the dehydrated skin is simply thirsty, dry skin needs extra care in adapting a beauty regime to nourish the weakened corneal layer. While dealing with dry skin, your objective should always be to restore tone to the lipids in the corneal layer.
Every dermatologist's advice: you must cleanse according to your skin type. Dry skin must be cleansed without removing the skin's protective film. So you should opt for a thick milk cleanser and rinse with flower water. Your moisturizing cream should be rich in repairing agents containing ceramides, which reduce the salt content and slow down the evaporation of water in the skin.
Face masks for dry skin:
1. Mix 2 tablespoons honey with 2 teaspoons milk. Smooth over face and throat. Leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
2. Mash apricots, mix it with warm olive oil to form a paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes, then wash off.
20 smooth-skin solutions: how to banish everything from rough skin to ingrown hairs - Beauty in Action
Fear not: If you've got an ingrown hair or other embarrassing skin problem, you don't have to resign yourself to living with it. "Women no longer have to accept less-than-perfect skin," explains Birgit Toome, M.D., medical director of the Appearance Dermatology Centers in Austin, Texas; Philadelphia; and Vineland and Voorhees, N.J. She credits recent advances in laser surgery, skin care and prescription medicine for clearing up awkward skin conditions. So now, problems that once seemed like mountains can be smoother than a molehill or gotten rid of altogether.
What they are "Milia look like whiteheads, but they're really superficial cysts under the skin," explains Patricia Wexler, M.D., a Manhattan dermatologist. They usually occur when oil and skin cells, normally sloughed off, get trapped under the surface of the skin. And they're typically found on the face, chest or other areas where there are numerous sebaceous (oil) glands.
Over-the-counter remedy While the only cure is to have them professionally removed, using lightweight gel or lotion moisturizers instead of thick creams can help prevent recurrence. Exfoliating regularly also helps slough off potential milia-causing dead skin cells. Try Olay Age Defying Series Revitalizing Eye Gel ($10; at drugstores), Lancome Impactive Multi-Performance Silkening Moisturizer Lotion ($38; lancome.com) or BlissLabs Quiet Type Exfoliator for sensitive skin ($29; blissworld.com).
Doctor's Rx Your dermatologist will cut a tiny opening in the skin to remove the cyst. A small scab will result. "Don't squeeze it out on your own," Wexler warns. "You'll be left with the milia and a bruise."
What they are Skin tags are small projections of skin that usually appear on the chest, neck, back or under the arms. They can be genetic but tend to show up more frequently on people who are overweight, over 40 years old or pregnant (moles, skin tags and even body hair often grow more during pregnancy). Their appearance may also signal benign intestinal polyps.
Over-the-counter remedy Although there's no home remedy or proven method of prevention, cover the skin tag with a small bandage until you make it to the doctor's office. This prevents clothing from rubbing against it, causing irritation.
Doctor's Rx Skin tags are one of the easiest skin problems to deal with, Wexler says. "They can just be snipped off at your dermatologist's office with curved scissors," she says. "There may be a scab, but it only lasts a few days." Larger skin tags, which are less common, may have to be burned off.
What they are Up to 40 percent of adults suffer from keratosis pilaris, tiny bumps on the upper outer arms and thighs. The condition is genetically inherited and caused when the skin's top layers don't slough off normally. The hair follicles are elevated above the surrounding skin, resulting in a dead-skin-cell backlog.
Over-the-counter remedy Dermatologist Bruce Katz, M.D., director of the JUVA Skin & Laser Center in New York City, recommends using moisturizers with skin-exfoliating AHAs (try BeneFit Wonderbod, $24; 800-781-2336). "It will help make the surface less rough."
Doctor's Rx Some dermatologists prescribe Lachydrin, a 12-percent lactic acid (an AHA) that can be combined with a daily moisturizer. "Microdermabrasion [sloughing skin with tiny sand or aluminum particles] can also help," Toome explains.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Scars from acne can seem like double punishment — first you had to deal with the pimples, now you have marks as a reminder.
It helps to understand the different kinds of acne so you can figure out what to do about different types of scarring: Acne lesions or pimples happen when the hair follicles (or "pores") on the skin become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. A plugged follicle is the perfect place for bacteria to grow and create the red bumps and pus-filled red bumps known as pimples.
Acne comes in different forms:
- mild acne, which refers to the whiteheads or blackheads that most of us get at various times
- moderately severe acne, which includes red inflamed pimples called papules and red pimples with white centers called pustules
- severe acne, which causes nodules — painful, pus-filled cysts or lumps — to appear under the skin
Most serious scarring is caused by the more severe forms of acne, with nodules more likely to leave permanent scars than other types of acne.
The best approach is to get treatment for acne soon after it appears to prevent further severe acne and more scarring. If you have nodules, see your doctor or dermatologist for treatment.
A pimple starts when the pores in the skin become clogged with a type of oil called sebum, which normally lubricates the skin and hair. Acne is common during puberty when hormones go into overdrive, causing the skin to overproduce sebum. Because many oil-producing glands are on the forehead, nose, and chin, this area — the T-zone — is where a person is most prone to pimples.
Here are some tips to help prevent breakouts and clear them up as fast as possible:
- Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don't scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.
- Don't pop pimples. It's tempting, but here's why you shouldn't: Popping pimples can push infected material further into the skin, leading to more swelling and redness, and even scarring. If you notice a pimple coming before a big event, like the prom, a dermatologist can often treat it for you with less risk of scarring or infection.
- Avoid touching your face with your fingers or leaning your face on objects that collect sebum and skin residue like your phone. Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated. To keep bacteria at bay, wash your hands before applying anything to your face, such as treatment creams or makeup.
- If you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them frequently to keep oil from clogging the pores around your eyes and nose.
- If you get acne on your body, try not to wear tight clothes. They don't allow skin to breathe and may cause irritation. Scarves, headbands, and caps can collect dirt and oil, too.
- Remove your makeup before you go to sleep. When buying makeup, make sure you choose brands that say "noncomedogenic" or "nonacnegenic" on the label. Throw away old makeup that smells or looks different from when you first bought it.
- Keep hair clean and out of your face to prevent additional dirt and oil from clogging your pores.
- Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like a tan masks acne, but it's only temporary. A tan can cause the body to produce extra sebum, which may worsen your acne, not improve it. Tanning also causes damage to skin that will eventually lead to wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer.
If you're concerned about acne, talk to a dermatologist. Dermatologists offer a range of treatments that help to prevent and clear up acne and acne scars. A dermatologist can help you find the treatment method that's best for you and can also give you lots of useful tips for dealing with acne and caring for your skin type. Some salons and spas have trained skin specialists, called estheticians, who can offer advice and skin care treatments.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Tips for Skin Care and Aging
"Tone and firm sagging skin."
"Restore your skin's own wrinkle control."
Americans spend billions of dollars each year on skin care products that promise to erase wrinkles, lighten age spots, and eliminate itching, flaking, or redness. But the simplest and cheapest way to keep your skin healthy and young looking is to stay out of the sun.
Sunlight is a major cause of the skin changes we think of as aging — changes such as wrinkles, dryness, and age spots. Your skin does change with age. For example, you sweat less, leading to increased dryness. As your skin ages, it becomes thinner and loses fat, so it looks less plump and smooth. Underlying structures — veins and bones in particular — become more prominent. Your skin can take longer to heal when injured.
You can delay these changes by staying out of the sun. Although nothing can completely undo sun damage, the skin sometimes can repair itself. So, it’s never too late to protect yourself from the harmful effects of the sun.
Keep Your Skin Healthy
The best way to keep your skin healthy is to avoid sun exposure.
Stay out of the sun. Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. This is when the sun’s UV rays are strongest. Don’t be fooled by cloudy skies. Harmful rays pass through clouds. UV radiation also can pass through water, so don’t assume you’re safe if you’re in the water and feeling cool.
Use sunscreen. Sunscreens are rated in strength according to a sun protection factor (SPF), which ranges from 2 to 30 or higher. A higher number means longer protection. Buy products with an SPF number of 15 or higher. Also look for products whose label says: broad spectrum (meaning they protect against both types of harmful sun rays — UVA and UVB) and water resistant (meaning they stay on your skin longer, even if you get wet or sweat a lot). Remember to reapply the lotion as needed.
Wear protective clothing. A hat with a wide brim shades your neck, ears, eyes, and head. Look for sunglasses with a label saying the glasses block 99 to 100 percent of the sun’s rays. Wear loose, lightweight, long-sleeved shirts and long pants or long skirts when in the sun.
Avoid artificial tanning. Don’t use sunlamps and tanning beds, as well as tanning pills and tanning makeup. Tanning pills have a color additive that turns your skin orange after you take them. The FDA has approved this color additive for coloring foods but not for tanning the skin. The large amount of color additive in tanning pills may be harmful. Tanning make-up products are not suntan lotions and will not protect your skin from the sun.
Check your skin often. Look for changes in the size, shape, color, or feel of birthmarks, moles, and spots. If you find any changes that worry you, see a doctor. The American Academy of Dermatology suggests that older, fair-skinned people have a yearly skin check by a doctor as part of a regular physical exam.
- Flaxseed and walnut oil - Use flaxeed oil or walnut oil with balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing. Be sure to keep these oils refrigerated. They should not be heated or used for cooking.
- Cold water fish - Sardines are a good source of essential fats. Salmon is another good source, however these salmon accumulate toxic polychlorinated biphenyls (otherwise known as PCBs) in their body fat during the 95 percent of their lives they spend at sea.
- Supplements - Consider fish oil supplements.
- Take a quick break to go outside and walk around the block.
- Book a massage therapy appointment.
- Close your door and stretch.
- Go to the gym.
- Start each morning by stretching.
- Get a skipping rope.
- Add Whole Grains - Choose whole grain products over refined. Have brown rice instead of white or make your own 50:50 combination.
- An Apple a Day - Have an apple, skin on, as a snack.
- Eat Cauliflower - Try this delicious Roasted Cauliflower recipe!
- High-fiber snacks - Snack on nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, such as dates, figs, and prunes.
- Try a "Prune Power" Smoothie - Prunes are a great source of fiber. Start your day with this tasty Prune Power smoothie.
- Eat Beans and Legumes - Open a can of your favorite beans or legumes. Rinse them well and add them to your meal.
- Ground Flaxseeds - For any easy fiber boost, sprinkle ground flaxseeds (available at health food stores) on rice, salads, oatmeal, or any other meal. Store flaxseeds in the fridge
Try fast & easy Solutions :
Summer Care : Wash your face with water after every 2 hours to avoid the grease on your skin. You can wash your face with just plain water, and then rub ice on your face
Hair Loss : Boil 250 ml of mustard oil in a thin vessel. Add 60 gms of heena leaves gradually and continue boiling till they are burnt in the oil. Filter and store this mixture in the bottle. Massage hair regularly with this oil to prevent hair loss.
Anti-Wrinkle : A mixture of juice of a quarter cucumber, egg white of 1 egg, a teaspoon lemon juice and a teaspoon of vodka makes an excellent anti-wrinkle lotion. Apply on your face and wash off after 10 minutes. Use at least twice a week.
Pimple-pimple : To get rid of your pimple scars from the face apply tomato pulp every day and wash off after an hour.
For glowing skin : Mix equal quantity of almond, rose water, glycerine and lemon juice. Apply on face and keep overnight. Wash off in the morning, first with warm water and then with cold water, to give a glowing effect to your face
Skin Tonic : Mix together 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp honey and a pinch of turmeric and apply it for half an hour. You can preserve this mixture in fridge for around 20 days.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Oily skin pack: Oily skins have very active sebaceous glands that secrete more oil leaving the skin look dull and greasy thus attracting a lot of dirt which then clogs the pores. It needs a thorough cleansing routine to remove the surface grime and unclog blocked pores. For this you need a pack that rejuvenates, tightens and exfoliates skin. Mash six strawberries with a teaspoon of Brandy, two spoons of breadcrumbs, two spoons of fuller's earth and a few drops of rose water. Mix well and apply a thick layer on the face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Since strawberries have Vitamin C and a certain acidic properties they leave the skin sparkling clean. Breadcrumbs help to exfoliate dead skin while fuller's earth will tighten the pores and brandy would help to add some glow.
Dry skin pack: Dry skins are usually flaky and dull looking around the eyes and cheeks. It also needs constant moisturizing. Wash your face with milk and oatmeal instead of soap as milk nourishes the skin while oatmeal acts like an exfoliater while soap dries of the skin further. For extra moisturizing, make a pack with a mixture of 10 almonds, two spoons oatmeal, four tablespoons of full cream milk, two spoons china clay, juice of half a lemon, and one mashed avocado. Apply on face and leave it for 20 minutes. Dampen cotton wool with cold milk and wipe it off. Splash your face with cold water and apply a light moisturizer.
Combination pack: This type of skin is usually oily on the nose and forehead and dry around the eyes and cheeks. Cleanse the center zone with an astringent while dab the rest of the face with cold milk. Apply a pack made of half a cup of powered, dry peas, mixed with three spoons of curd, juice of one lemon and half a cup of papaya pulp. Apply it for 20 minutes and wash your face with ice- cold water. Better still rub an ice cube dipped in rose water over the T-Zone. It prevents enlarged pores and blackheads. Freeze tray with rose water ice cubes so you can rub your face with them any time of the day especially after a bath as it opens the pores.
Facials the real truth
The truth about facials:
Pollution, sun rays and stress all combine to ruin your skin and lead to pre mature and early wrinkling. Facials are deep skin treatments with real benefits to counteract the ravages of pollution and the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun. Besides, facials are useful as mild treatments to take care of skin and, of course, the dreaded wrinkles.
Facials can deep cleanse, re hydrate and rejuvenate the skin. With the appropriate techniques and products, these face treatments can have a lasting revitalizing effect.
The four important steps of a facial are:
1) Deep and thorough cleansing, exfoliating the top layer of dead skin so that the skin looks healthier.
2) Rejuvenating the skin by aiding in faster cell renewal
3) Providing in depth moisturizing
4) It accentuates the good effects of the appropriate products.
What most people do not realize is that with regular treatments, a lot of skin problems can be prevented and reduced. We sail through our 20's thinking sagging skin will never happen to us. Confidence begins to falter in the 30's and by the time we have reached the 40's and 50's it may be too late.
Each facial will vary depending on your skin type, the kind of treatment you have chosen and the products used. What facials help to do is remove the dead , dull outer layer of cells that make-up the skin's surface or epidermis along with pollutants. Thus, the newer and younger cells underneath are revealed, giving the skin a youthful glow. The actual massage helps blood circulation, which in turn aids lymphatic drainage, the system, which removes our waste and toxins. The massage relaxes the face, which has over 120 muscles and to delay wrinkles it is very important to massage them consistently.
To prevent having a shiny nose, apply a little sugar and water before powdering the face. Dab it on the nose and allow it to dry a little before applying the powder thickly. Then wipe off the excess powder.
When blowing the nose, blow with both the nostrils open to remove all the dust and mucous secretion.
Another simple and excellent skin conditioner that can be made out of 1 tbsp. honey blended with 2 tbsp. cream (of milk). Leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off. It works like magic.
For skin blemishes, you can try rubbing a raw potato on your face.
It’s summer time. Time to cool off. So let’s wind up with a good home-made sun-protection lotion. Take cucumber juice and equal amounts of glycerine and rose water and make a concoction. This should be refrigerated. Try it, it’s really cool.
For nourishing your face try a protein mask. You can prepare this mask by first soaking 1 tablespoon urad dal and 4 almonds in water overnight and then grinding them into a paste. You can then apply this protein mask to your face and wash it off after half an hour. This exceptional protein mask will not only nourish the skin but also bleach it.
For normal skin care, you can take 1 cup of yogurt, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and mix it into a paste. Apply it on your face as a mask and keep it on for 15 minutes. Then clean it off with a wet tissue watch your complexion glow. For dry skin, you could use a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey; it will not only help moisturize the skin but also acts as a good cleansing agent.
Found in your own kitchen is a simple, chemical free cleanser – good ol’ unboiled milk. All you need to do is dip a piece of cotton wool in milk and wipe your face with it. It also cleans unseen dirt and goes down into your pores. Another fine cleanser is almond oil, especially effective in protecting the delicate skin under the eyes
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Who is the most popular object of ridicule on YouTube today?
Is it the President? Osama bin Laden? A World Cup referee?
No, it’s McDonald’s.
There’s a method to the madness, a growing public backlash against McDonald’s, driven in part by health advocates, and culminating last week in the Center for Science in the Public Interest threatening to sue the company over its Happy Meals.
This follows by less than a month a decision by Santa Clara County in California to ban Happy Meals. The ordinance sets calorie (460) and salt (600 mg) limits for meals that can be promoted with toys as premiums.
McDonald’s tried to dodge all this by making apple slices an option, next to french fries, in its meals. Its opponents are calling that a dodge.
The answer here does not likely sit with legislators or law courts. It lies with McDonald’s taking up the carrot being offered in Santa Clara and seizing an opportunity.
It would not be hard to get Happy Meals inside the Santa Clara law. Make low fat milk the standard drink, cut back a bit on salting the fries, and you’re done. McDonald’s might make up for any loss by adding premiums (for teens or adults) to larger meals geared to bigger bodies.
If you think it’s crazy to imagine a 40 year old buying the equivalent of a Happy Meal, you haven’t been to a ballgame and watched some dad dig around a box of Cracker Jack looking for the prize.
McDonald’s actually has tried to be a good corporate citizen in the past. It added salads to its menu. It complied with labeling laws. Look at its international operations and you’ll see it following a host of dietary and marketing rules set by culture and government around the world.
In other words, this doesn’t have to become a conflict. It’s a challenge for food science to mass produce healthier meals in ways that can be loaded on trucks and delivered by teenagers. But it’s not an impossible challenge.
My guess is that, at some point this summer, McDonald’s will take that up. The pressure will remain, but this is not going to turn into a war between fast food and health.
The company that can deliver a healthy fast food meal is going to make a lot of money and earn a lot of goodwill. McDonald’s puts more money into research than any company in its industry. I think they can do it.
Acne is a popular chronic skin disorder. Adult acne affects people from ages twenty-one through forty and up. Acne can come up as any of the following: clogged pores, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples. Wherever there are many oil glands, largely on the face, chest and back; these blemishes may occur. Women suffer from acne more than anyone else.
When dealing with adult acne it is important to understand the various causes in which it may stem from. Unlike the more common oily skin in juvenile acne, the adult acne has many combinations from normal to dry, even sensitive. Acne consisting of black heads, pimples, and sebaceous cysts is known as vulgaris acne.
In grownups, there are various causes of acne eruptions. Tension is one of them, since it induces the secretion of cortisol, a steroidal hormone which encourages acne. Drinking coffee is another cortisol promoting activity. Cigarette smoking, insufficient levels of free fatty acids, and an inferior dietary regimen can also be responsible for adult acne.
Millions are afflicted by acne the world over. Many of the products that you can get over-the-counter for treating acne include harsh chemicals, which may contribute to the deterioration of your skin, and only be a temporary remedy for your acne. As people become more aware of the dangers of these treatments, they are turning more and more to natural and herbal acne treatments. Herbal treatments are softer on the skin, and don’t contain any of those dangerous chemicals, being a mixture of natural plants and herbs.
While treating adult acne, the various natural methods incorporate lotions, creams, home made products or even herbal formulations. Echinacea and tea tree oil which are widely available is used in few herbal acne treatments. Echinacea and Oregon grape are known to improve body’s immune system. Consists of terpenoids and known for its antifungal and antiseptic property Tea tree oil is an excellent herbal acne cure.
Acne scars can be very embarassing, but there are several different home remedies that you can try to lessen or remove these scars. To cleanse the pores, use distilled white vinegar topically. To remove the scars try almond oil, and to get rid of the dead skin cells try apricot and citrus juices as these are natural exfoliants. Finally, to aid in the healing process, use a honey mask as this has an anti bacterial quality.
Adult Acne and the Natural Herbal Solution
Green tea, chamomile and oatmeal are superb herbs for treating inflammation due to its anti inflammatory properties. When the affected part is washed with oatmeal, the itching sensation is greatly reduced. Ginger helps to reduce the redness and inflammation. Licorice increases mucous secretion, stimulating the adrenal gland function encouraging the natural defense system of the body into overdrive to remove bacteria and germs responsible for acne.
Adult acne affects people from ages twenty-one through forty and up. Acne can come up as any of the following: congested pores, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples. Women suffer from acne more than anyone else. One form of acne is characterized by the presence of black heads, pimples, small superficial sebaceous cysts and scars. As people become more aware of the dangers of these treatments, they are turning more and more to natural and herbal acne treatments. Herbal treatments are softer on the skin, and don’t contain any of those dangerous chemicals, being a mixture of natural plants and herbs.
Acne dizziness that often came to visit? Ga tau again how do I overcome that annoying acne?
Traditional acne drug from potatoes is worth a try. Already there are a few testimonials from users of World Mother who had to prove efficacy of this acne medication.
It is easy, peel two potatoes, then the juice. Drink once a day. If the acne is reduced, can be reduced drink 2x a week. But get ready, yes, she feels uncomfortable. Yes but there ya emang rare 'drug' that tastes good:)
But if the tongue hard to accept the taste of potato juice, try the gado without the juice alone. Yes definitely taste the same-same, but because of crunchy and Kriuk-Kriuk, may be more acceptable by the tongue.
Come on Acne Free!
YOU have the problem of acne?
SOLUTION overcome or have acne?
Come share it HERE!!
Let us share and help each other, OK?!
Give your comment here!
Acne, How to Overcome and heal
To the point yes, because there were many articles that explain the origins or causes of acne from various kinds of acne.
For years I have berkelut with acne until almost desperate to treat it again because it has tried a variety of ways and a variety of facial care products or medication, both medical and traditional herbal medicine.
And finally now I can freely escape from this acne problem by doing the following methods:
* Always keep your face clean, diligently wash face with soap that matches your skin PH. Wudoo also includes a powerful therapy to reduce acne.
* Diligent exercise or physical akitivitas generate quite a lot of sweat, this proves once when I worked as an executive at a shipping company where I work so much activity produces sweat which turned out positive results for reducing the severity of my acne.
* Diligent drinking water. It seems really simple, but the therapy is truly efficacious not only for acne problem just for the disease even though other major diseases. With a good system of "irrigation" in your body, then your blood or other organs of your body will be more "clean" and healthy, so will support your healing process of acne or other diseases.
* Avoid excessive stress because it can become more and more triggers your acne, I've try to prove themselves diligently to the existing techniques reassurance on this website, please you try to prove yourself:)
To prevent your acne does not become more severe, the following is the solution:
* Do not squeeze your pimples, especially if your hands are not clean because ONLY more meperparah your acne may even lead to other injuries or infections.
* If injuries occur, you can apply Betadine to prevent infection are ongoing.
* Try using herbs in olive ridley wuluh mushy mashed into powder and then mixed with salt water, Body Scrub, also works as an astringent that will help minimize pores that open too wide.
* Avoid fatty foods and perbanyaklah intake of vitamin C and zinc containing foods.
* You can also do natural healing for yourself with Reiki therapy is also useful to help more youth and smooths the skin. Please review it for FREE on this website
Usually chocolate to be consumed as a snack. Chocolate could lifted skin cells die and crisis-aging skin cells. With brown skin care you can make yourself at home, how easy and efficient.
Treatments such as:
1. Chocolate honey mask
Ingredients: Dark Chocolate, honey, sugar, and butter.
how to make: chocolate cairankan way on the team, kemuadian mixed with other ingredients. Stir until evenly, set aside for 10-15 minutes until cold, then could olehkan to face evenly.
2. Chocolate masks
Ingredients: Dark chocolate, salt, and full cream milk.
how to make: Melt chocolate with the way the team, then mix with salt and full cream milk. stir until evenly, set aside for 10-15 minutes, until cool, then olehkan evenly in the face.
3. Chocolate bath soap
ingredients: Dark chocolate, liquid soap without any scent, full cream liquid milk.
how to make: first the heat full cream milk, and then input the depth slice of chocolate milk warmed, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. bathub prepare your bath. Pour the chocolate mixture, mix ddengan liquid soap, and wait until your shower bathub frothy.
First clean the face with facial soap and rinse using warm water, then belahlah into two parts lemon juice and rub the skin with acne face allow it to dry, then spread with honey that has been heated let stand for 10 minutes. Do it for 3x a week routine for facial skin is very acne. Well ... good luck.
1. wash your face with betel leaves steeping 2-3 times a day, is to turn off the acne bacteria.
2. Make wuluh starfruit extract mixed with a little salt, use it to clean the face. This is useful for anti-inflammation and shrink the pores pore acne scars.
3. Uapi face with tea water.
4. Grease a pimple with a cinnamon stick powder mixed with honey before sleeping and wash in the morning.
5. Do not touch or squeeze acne with dirty hands.
6. rajinlah diligent wear a mask, especially with acne because of heredity and allergies due to certain weather.
Honey contains a lot of properties for health and beauty, including the following
Benefits of Honey is used for beauty has been proven since the days of Cleopatra. so many benefits of honey good for health and beauty. Some tips below is how to use honey for beauty. And of course there are a number of beauty products that can be purchased in stores are made from honey, for you who do not want complicated, but if you prefer to take the benefits of pure honey to polish your beauty, see honey beauty tips that we contributed this.
1. Benefits of Honey for the mask: Apply pure honey to your face and leave for about 15 minutes, until dry. Once dry, rinse your face with warm water.
2. Honey Benefits For Shiny Skin:
To moisten, soften and make the skin shiny, take with a bottle of honey while you shower. Apply to the skin and pat with both hands until dry. While the pat-nempuk skin, the honey will stick in your skin. Wash sticky honey that is used after you finish. And you can enjoy the results with skin that look beautiful and bright!
3. Honey bath: For sweet smell and soft skin, add ¼ to ½ cup of honey in your bath water
4. Honey scrub: Mix 1 teaspoon honey with almond flour seikit into the palm of your hand. Slowly rubbing his face as a face scrub. Then wash your face with warm water to remove the honey.
5. The benefits of honey for Cleaner Face Each Day: Mix 1 tablespoon honey with a little milk powder in the palm of the hand. Apply on the face to clean all the dirt and make-up, and then washed clean with warm water.
6. Shiny Hair: To make your hair shiny, combine 1 tablespoon honey, juice of one lime, and a little warm water. Rinse your hair with shampoo as usual and then pour the mixture on the hair. Dry the hair in the usual manner.
7. Hair Conditioner: To maintain healthy hair and scalp, mix ½ cup of honey and one tablespoon of olive oil prophecy. Spread evenly into the hair and scalp, then take the hair cover and let stand for 30 minutes in a closed state. After 30 minutes, keramasi with shampoo and rinse your hair as usual.
8. Benefits of Honey as a skin toner: To tighten, soften and moisturize the skin, mix one citrus fruit skins plus one tablespoon of honey in a blender until smooth. Gently rubbing a mixture of honey had to face and leave on for 15 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water to clean the mixture.
In general, both women want any man should keep his skin from a variety of disorders. Actions that should be done is the following:
• Wash hands thoroughly before touching your face
• Perform skin cleansing in the morning and evening: Need to be done at night - even though you had no makeup, because the face easily tainted by pollution. It should also be conducted in the morning, because you remove the fatty skin and dirt at night
• At night, take the time to massage the skin to stimulate the exchange of circulation to skin cells. Massage gently for two minutes can eliminate fatigue, relaxing face and give the brightness of the skin.
• Protect the skin properly, especially if you frequently travel.
• A great deal of water to drink.
For dry skin:
• Give pleasure every time.
• Change type of skin care products according to season, climate, and your lifestyle: air-conditioned environment, outdoor life
• Start using anti-aging care products, as soon as signs of aging appear. This often happens faster for your skin type (especially in the areas around the eye)
• Avoid bathing with hot water, it is better to use bath oil.
For sensitive skin:
• Warm the first treatment at the hands of our products before you wear them. Do not scrub skin care
• We recommend using your fingers instead of cotton wool, cloth or tissue.
• Use water spray, do not wash through the tap water.
For middle-aged skin:
• Choose skin care products anti-aging skin depends on the conditions, needs and seasons.
• Neck, eyes, and your hand can reduce the appearance of beauty, so imbali them with very special attention.
• On every morning that makes it difficult, do not hesitate to make appropriate use of beauty products, which could soften the skin surface.
• Frequently exposed to direct sunlight can cause wrinkles and blemishes in the skin.
For oily skin
• Protect yourself from direct sunlight, and accumulation of fat in the facial skin
• Do not remove facial acne and beruntusan in a supermarket
• Perform maintenance on facial peeling once to three times a week
Friday, July 9, 2010
Overnight Cure & Beauty Tips for Acne Problems
makeup1Nowadays most the people use all natural makeup. It has become very popular and widely used all over the world. Celebrities from films and fashion industries have replaced their regular makeup with natural makeup. The ingredients used in natural makeup like mineral powders and mineral foundations are very much natural and they don’t contain human- made chemical substances which harms our skin. Hence we can say that these natural makeup products are definitely good for our skin as it contains only natural minerals. It not only make you look more beautiful and attractive but also gives a natural look to your face which rest of the makeup products fail to give.
Another advantage of using natural makeup which we also call as minerals makeup is that they don’t have to be applied in large amount and for many hours, just apply few quantity of mineral makeup for few minutes and you get totally different but satisfying results.
Various types of natural makeup are available in market nowadays and most popularly used are powders and foundations. Then there are eye shadows, bronzers, blushes and wide range of many other products. Mascaras and eyeliners have been recently included in the list of natural makeup products.
These natural makeup products are available everywhere which includes groceries stores, retail stores , online shopping and even in your local pharmacy and costs of these products may be different for different brands.
Many people think that mineral makeup are quite expensive than their regular makeup brands, but in reality mineral makeup are available in market at affordable prices. After all what is harm in paying little extra money when you are getting the best and satisfying results. At least after paying money you are getting what you were expecting then I don’t think there is any harm in paying few dollars.
For people having sensitive skin, natural makeup is very useful. Using these natural makeup products don’t cause skin irritation and acne problems as other makeup brands can cause. It doesn’t contain any rough human- made chemicals which damages your skin. It also helps in curing skin related problems such as acne, irritation or any other skin allergies. Because of the natural minerals present in these products all the skin related problems can be cured.
These natural products come in wide range of shades and colours which you can choose according to your skin complexion and the occasions you are attending. Thus not only you get a beautiful and natural look but you also get many varieties in colors and shades. Whether your skin is dry, oily or normal skin, you can use natural makeup products on your face with no side effects.
Also with other products you have to apply many layers of makeup and that makes your face heavy. Whereas when you apply natural makeup you won’t feel your face heavy. You can use natural makeup without having to worry about the side effects caused by other makeup products because natural makeup products ensure that your skin remains healthy and beautiful.
Tomato mask believed to restore the burned skin by sunlight.
The trick: take ½ ripe tomatoes and fresh, lumatkan a blender or can also be ground. Add a little honey. Rub the entire face and let stand for 15 minutes. After that clean the face with warm water using a small soft towel / washcloth / sponge. Then wash with cold water. Easy right?
2. Egg white + lime
Egg white mask is suitable for you who have problems with oil in the face because this mask can reduce the oil content in the face and shrink pores. So, acne became less deh. Its use is two times a week.
Want to try? Gini neh how:
Beat the egg whites aja taste, then add lemon juice to taste as well. Apply mask to the face. Let stand for 15 minutes. After that wash with warm water using a soft washcloth / sponge. After that compress the face of ice premises.
Dry or normal skin, try this mask deh. Since avocados contain fat, so make the skin oily, it is advisable to not try.
How: Lumatkan ¼ ripe avocado section. Give a little honey. Apply the mask to the face. Let stand 15 minutes, then wash your face with warm water, then with cold water.
Just like a mask of egg + orange juice, its use is two times a week.
From ancient times, people believed that cucumber or cucumber can smooth the skin, refreshing and facial pores. Cucumbers can also be used by all skin types.
The trick is very simple, namely: the cucumber into thin slices, then stick to the face. Do it while lying yes, Supa cucumber on not falling, heee ...
And klo want to feel the chill sensani, timunnya should be stored in the refrigerator, guaranteed you will feel more refreshed.
Masks cucumber can also be used for facial freshener after using the mask of another material.
How my friends? Easy right? Cheap anymore! So, now do not need expensive care not to get a fresh face glow.
hopefully useful tipsnya Well ..